With the coming of a brand new year is a new assortment of high-end laptops for gaming enthusiasts. And especially for a first-time laptop buyer, the options may look daunting and intimidating.
While taking your chance on Finnish online casinos or https://casinokokemus.com/nettikasino/suomalaiset, it’s not advisable to do so when buying a new laptop. That’s why we’ve made a shortlist of the best-selling laptops in the market today. We also packed in a quick buying guide to help make the right choice.
What to Look For in a Gaming Laptop?
Before placing the order for that laptop, it’s essential to check the specs and make sure they meet your gaming needs. Here are some components you should keep an eye out for:
- Processor – In the current scope of laptop gaming, processors don’t need to be the latest model to play modern games. While having a Core i9 processor is ideal, you can get by with just a Core i5 CPU.
- GPU – Meant to accelerate graphics rendering, the laptop’s GPU capabilities determine what games you can play on the device. If you’re into games that demand heavy graphics like Valorant or the latest Far Cry installment, you need a strong GPU. However, remember that the higher the unit’s GPU, the more expensive its price tag is.
- Memory – As most modern titles require a lot of memory to run, 8GB of RAM should be your bare minimum for a gaming laptop. You’ll also need to check if the laptop you’re buying has room for future upgrades and the maximum capacity for RAM, so you know how to deal with adding some memory in the long run.
- Storage –While Solid State Drives (SSD) are faster and more reliable, Hard Disk Drives (HDD) offer more storage space. We recommend going for laptops with HDD and SSD in their setup. The SSD will support the laptop’s main drivers and some of your favorite titles, while the HDD will carry most of your files and games. It’s a win-win.
- Monitor – Going for a gaming laptop means you have to compromise on monitor size. However, a smaller monitor size doesn’t necessarily mean poor visual quality. Look for monitors with good native resolution and a minimum refresh rate of 60Hz.
Now that we have the main points for picking a gaming laptop, let’s check out our picks for gamer-friendly laptops.
Asus ROG Zephyrus G15
As part of the Asus ROG Zephyrus line of gaming laptops, this G15 does not disappoint. Running on Windows 10 OS, this unit has an AMD Ryzen 9 3.10 GHz Processor and Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU, one of the deadliest combinations for a gaming laptop.
The laptop also has 32 GB of RAM and a 1 TB SSD drive to handle the most demanding of games. And while on the smaller side of the spectrum, its 15.6” screen has a resolution of 2560×1440 and a 165Hz refresh rate.
What sets the Zephyrus G15 from the pack is its long battery life and sleek design, which is rare for even the priciest of laptops.
MSI GE76 Raider
The GE76 Raider from MSI is at the top tier of modern laptops and could easily replace your desktop computer as your device of choice. This behemoth of a laptop comes packed with an Intel Core i9-11980HK processor and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU. Plus, its 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD storage will guarantee that you’re playing in tip-top shape at all times.
Complementing its strong internal setup is the 17-inch screen that displays at a refresh rate of 360Hz, ensuring you see everything that’s going on. This also has a built-in webcam, perfect for streamers and gamers on the go.
If you’re picking this one up, be ready to shell out some big bucks, as this unit carries a hefty price tag. But for its components and performance, it’s a good investment for long-term laptop gaming.
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro
Considered as one of the better-built laptops on this list, Lenovo’s Legion 5 Pro packs quite a punch. It has an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H CPU and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 GPU, meaning it can hold up to some of the modern games on Steam. Its 16-inch 2560×1600 screen is quite a stunner as well, though only providing a refresh rate of 165Hz. The 16GB RAM and 512GB storage also hit the sweet spot for laptop gaming.
The main downside of this laptop is its bulky frame that could be a deal-breaker for some. But if the size isn’t a big issue for you, we recommend this laptop.
Razer Blade 15 Advanced Model
This updated version of the Razer Blade 15 brings some quality of life improvements that deliver a better gaming experience. Some additions include the 1080p webcam and a higher screen resolution.
Powering this impressive laptop is an Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 GPU. This is complemented by 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD storage, with a 15.6-inch, 240Hz display for quality gaming.
While performance is comparable to standard gaming laptops, the Razer brand commands a high price point, and the Blade 15 Advanced Model is no exception.
Alienware m17 R4
“Bigger is better” seems to be the slogan for Alienware’s newest addition to the m17 gaming laptop line, as the R4 stands larger than its contemporaries. Under its massive hood, this unit contains an Intel Core i9-10980HK processor, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU, 32GB for RAM, and a 2TB SSD drive, among others.
For display, the Alienware m17 R4 has a 17-inch screen with 1080p IPS and an impressive refresh rate of 360Hz. It also has a built-in HD webcam, allowing for on-the-go streaming and other productivity functions.
While this beast of a machine packs a lot of punch, it has a short battery life, meaning you’ll have to stay plugged in to make the most of it. It also ranges on the more expensive side of the price spectrum, making it a bit over some people’s budget.
Click Start to Enter
There you have it, our list for the best gaming laptops for 2022. And while modern gaming technology does continue to innovate, you’ll be gaming for some time with our selection. Just do your homework and check for the best deals when shopping for a gaming laptop.