IPTV stands for internet protocol television. It has become incredibly popular in recent years and its popularity sees no signs of stopping. If you want to learn more about IPTV and whether you should get a live IP TV for yourself, then, you have come to the right place as this post looks at the pros and cons of IPTV. It provides you with television content through an internet connection. Now, IPTV is quite different from satellite TV content. IPTV offers a different content viewing experience as compared to the traditional antenna which you might be used to.
The truth is that there is a reason why more and more people are opting for an IPTV subscription. However, in order to meet the rise in demand for IPTV subscriptions, there are more IPTV resellers than ever before. Thus, you will have an easy time getting your own IPTV subscription from the IPTV reseller. But, it is a good idea to locate the best IPTV service provider so as to get the best deal. As you might be aware of, IPTV relies on an internet connection and allows you to stream web series, movies, and vides. You can either get an internet connection wireless or through a cable. All you need is a casting device for the IPTV such as the Amazon Fire TV or Chrome Cast, or you could always use a simple set top box which offers internet connectivity compatibility. The pros and cons of IPTV are mentioned.
Pros of IPTV
- Allows you to live stream videos and so much more.
- Consolidates television, mobile phone service, and internet access into just a single payment which results in considerably lower costs as you might normally pay for the individual services.
- You also get to rid of any cabling hassles since the top box would be directly connected to the LAN cable and will provide you with internet access or you can always connect to a wifi router. Thus, you will not need to worry about the dish antenna or any extra cabling works that might look hideous.
- IPTV is an integration of various useful systems into just a single television. This means that you get to stream and watch web series, videos, movies and can even connect to the security system at home such as the CC cams using internet. Hence, you will also get to ensure that your place is secure at all times and that you have coverage of the entire house.
- The television would become a computer when you use IPTV. This means you get to benefit from video calling, video conferencing, and conference calls with even better visibility.
- Android TVs can be used for better connectivity and viewing from your smartphone as you can even download the official app for IPTV and watch on the go.
Cons of IPTV
Although there are not many cons of IPTV, the main cons of IPTV are that you need to rely on streaming and that there would also be data cap which means you would have to pay more for higher internet speed and more data. Moreover, if you do not have a high speed bandwidth internet, then, you have to face interruptions.