When in market for a camera, the two types of cameras that come to mind are the Sony A500 and the Canon M10. Both of these digital cameras have taken the world by a storm ever since their release. These mirror-less interchangeable lens cameras are fully equipped with the power APS-C sensor. If you are confused between getting the Sony A500 and the Canon M10, you have come to the right place. This post takes a close look at the differences between the two so that you can decide which camera to get for yourself. Make sure to check out spy cam to see the cameras. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get into detail.
The Sony A5000 was first announced on 7th January, 2014. It has a 20 megapixel camera and an APS-C CMOS sensor. The Sony AT500 is ISO 100 – 16000 certified. It comes with a Sony E mount and has an incredible 3” titling screen that you can utilize for all types of shooting. Offering 4 FPS continuous shooting options, you can never go wrong with the Sony A5000. It captures videos in full HD meaning that you get a 1920 x 1080 video resolution.
Pros of Sony A5000
- More discounted as it has been in the market for much longer.
- Offers easier travel charging as it has a USB port.
- The Sony A5000 is designed to last longer and takes more shots even with a single battery charge.
- It is not as heavy as other cameras in the market as it has a lower weight which makes it easy to carry.
- The camera captures better video.
- It offers better low-light sensitivity shooting.
- You can expect greater dynamic range when you use the Sony A5000 as it captures dark and light details.
- It generates richer colours which means you get to capture better videos.
- The camera offers better image quality and more detail.
The Canon M10 was announced on 10th December, 2015. It is an 18MP camera that has an APS-C CMOS sensor. The Canon M10 comes with the superior Canon EF-M Mount and has a 3” tilting screen like the Sony A500. It is ISO 100 to 12800 certified and even extends all the way to 25600. Expect to capture 4.6 fps with this amazing camera. It captures videos in full HS and weighs only 301 grams.
Pros of Canon M10
- The Canon M10 offers a much better live-view autofocus. Its on-sensor phase-detection means that you get a more confident autofocus.
- Users love the more detailed LCD which provides higher resolution.
- Those of you that prefer touch-sensitive rear screens will be glad to know that there are fewer buttons for you to press.
- Expect faster bursts and more modern features when using the Canon M10.
Once you have gone over this post, you will know everything about the Sony A5000 and the Canon M10. It must be clear that the Sony A5000 is the winner. However, it all comes down to preferences.