When it comes to digital marketing, two marketing methods that come to mind are SEO and Google Ads. Both methods help boost online traffic and leads for your business. If you are deciding to use either of the two options, it is vital that you know how each option fares. This is why you need to read this post as it compares the two to help you make that final decision.
What Is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It allows you to optimize your site based on your requirements. By investing in SEO, you get to appear much higher on the results page which is extremely important for generating traffic. Whenever someone makes a search, their search engine matches the query with all the relevant web pages. Through SEO, you get to appear in the results.
What Are Google Ads?
Previously called Google Adwords, Google Ads is a PPC (Pay per Click) advertising platform which marketers can use for generating leads. Google Ads appear in the form of search ads, shopping ads, and local services ads.
SEO and Google Ads
Both SEO and Google Ads allow you to boost relevant traffic and generate more leads. Although the two methods serve the same purpose, they differ in their strategy. The differences are mentioned below.
- Traffic: SEO generates traffic continuously, whereas, Google Ads only generates traffic for a limited period.
- Placement: SEO allows your web pages to be placed only in the search results. On the other hand, Google Ads lets you place the ads in search results as well as other partner websites or Google-owned websites.
- Cost for Clicking: You do not need to pay any money when someone clicks on your web page in SEO. As for Google Ads, you have to pay every time a person clicks on the listing.
- Keyword Selection: SEO allows you to rank for both long-tail and short-tail keywords. Although Google Ads allows the same, SEO is more effective.
- Time: SEO results require more time, whereas, Google Ads offer faster results.
- Tracking Metrics: It takes time to track analytics and ROI for SEO. Google Ads offers instant tracking analytics and ROI.
Is SEO Better or Google Ads?
If you are deciding between SEO and Google Ads, you should know that there is no better option. It all comes down to your marketing campaign needs. However, it is important to know where SEO works better and where Google Ads does wonders. You can hire lk-media.com to utilize both methods.
Businesses that want to generate a flow of traffic over a long period of time will find SEO to be their best option. It helps boost brand awareness and allows more people to learn about your brand. You can generate more traffic through SEO over time.
Companies that require instant leads and sales will find Google Ads to be a better option. Google Ads is suitable when you require immediate results and need to monitor your efforts from the moment you launch the campaign.